Written by Alan Jones
Sex is to marriage what lego is to architecture.
Eight reasons why:
- You cannot live in lego. That is an assumed disclaimer from the manufacturer.
- Architecture is much more difficult, requires much more discipline and commitment, it’s longer lasting, it’s much harder to break down and it’s infinitely more rewarding than lego.
- Every architect should still play with lego. Especially if he wants to keep ahead of his game.
- You wouldn’t want a “sex-expert” giving you advice on your marriage any more than you’d want a lego-geek designing your home.
- There is absolutely nothing wrong with lego in its context.
- Lego is compatible by design, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to throw your lego into a big community pile! Compatibility is a given, commitment is a decision.
- It would be nice to see society move from sex addiction to covenant creation. Which is another way of saying, “grow up!”
- In Architecture, as in marriage, the whole is so much greater than the sum of its parts.
|Lego San Francisco – fun, but meaningless by itself. Get’s boring quickly.
||The real San Francisco – a place you can actually live, and grow and love. And build lego in.